Its on Fridays like these that the sweet breeze of the approaching 80 degree weekend brings my love for Los Angeles to its peak. I've been whining about wanting to live in New York for a decade but when all is said and done, even the most die-hard New Yorker will tell you the weather in L.A. just can't be out-shined. In honor of my beloved hometown, check out some pretty cool (or at least weird) L.A. only facts:
- We have on average 325 days of sunshine a year (eat that miami)
- If we were a state, we would be the fourth largest in the nation
- It is illegal to charge admission for a house party (seriously!)
- There are more artists writers, filmmakers, actors, dancers, and musicians living and working in L.A. than any other city at any other time in the history of civilization
- The Capitol Records building was made to look like a stack of 45 rpm records (it was also the first circular building in the world)
- It is illegal to cry on the witness stand (so man up)
- Angelenos eat an average of 250 tacos a year
- The city flower is the bird of paradise
- 1932 Olympics were hosted in Los Angeles, hence the street name Olympic Blvd. which pays tribute
- Pasadena has a large non-indigenous population of naturalized parrots
- L.A. Harbor Lighthouse is the only one in the world that uses an emerald green beacon
- La Brea Tar Pits is the only excavation site in the world where there were more predatory animals found than prey (cuz were bad asses obviously)
- On average, 15 people try to drive away from the cops on any given day
- There are 65 people in L.A. that have the legal registered name of "Jesus Christ"
So we're a little self righteous, its to be expected in LaLa Land... theres still no way I'm ditching 325 days of tank tops.